Created by The iPlatform on Tue 25th Jan 2011
What We've Learnt from 2010:
- You simply cannot ignore social networking.
- We see a real acceptance of the dominance and importance of Facebook (and Twitter, to some extent).
- Businesses shift marketing budget into social platforms in huge amounts.
- Businesses dedicate real resource across departments - especially customer support.
- Before you spend any money, get the communication management right.
- Encourage existing customers to join you online before spending money advertising to reach others.
- When you get people to click that 'Like' button on Facebook, what it really gives you is the ability to speak to them.
What to Expect in 2011:
- Investment bankers expect to make a lot of money from all the online chatter.
- In 2011 a lot of tech startups are going to break out as major international companies, which will encourage more venture investment into UK companies, at earlier stages.